Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Clowns and Croissants

It is close to finals, and the summer is so freaking close I can already feel my flesh burning. That would be because of sunburns, or as I like to call them, ass. I got a nice taste of what the summer as in store for me this weekend on that note. I have visions of me sitting on a beach somewhere and little children coming up to me and asking "Why are you wearing a coat?" and I'll say "get outta here ya' lousy kids!" Then they'll run off, never realizing that I'm probably still getting a sunburn under the coat.

I applied for a creative writing class for next semester. I've taken a few already, but I honestly think that I've learned a lot more about creative writing in the last couple of weeks when my professor spent a couple of hours one on one with me going over a story as I revised. Its amazing how people with PhD's can be so insightful.

I wrote a short story yesterday with drug addict clowns, nuns, deformed priests, and absolutely no ninjas. It still needs a lot of work, but I'm kind of proud of it, I like the characters, I like the flow. I'm still not where I'd like to be with my writing, I have a long way to go I think, but I'm getting a little closer. A lot of things still feel kind of forced and a lot of things are probably too subtle for my original meaning to come across. I don't know, I'll get there.

I've been forcing myself to wake up earlier lately, which I have been finding charmingly delightful. I have so much time to get things done before anything has to get done. I'm not rushing around so much. Man, I wish I was doing this all semester, that would have been nice. Instead, like with everything in my life, I start when its all but too late to really do that much good. But, hey, I can keep getting up early this summer, and enjoy the long days to their fullest. By sitting inside and typing on my computer. But with my window open, you see.

I spent an hour and a half yesterday beefing up security on my system. It always creates a lot of problems when I do that, most notably the trouble using my browser to open web sites. It wants to block everything, but when I look at the amount of Port Scans and spyware that its blocking and a minute to minute basis, I realize that it's probably worth it. I update my Adaware with new definitions and ran a scan and it found 132 bad files. Thats not nearly as shocking as when I tell you that I ran it the day before with the old definitions and it only found 10 files that needed to go. Anyway, the moral is run adaware right now. go on, I'll wait.

No comments: