Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The world is a little bit different on a mac

I'm still adjusting to this new computer I got. Its strange, I'm sitting in the JTSU and writing this, on a shiny white computer. With a giant glowing apple on its back. I feel like a different person when I'm on this thing. Its all like "look at me. I have a mac. I probably drive a hybrid and like dancing in the rain and movies based on true stories and something else about the environment and EVERYONE LOOK HOW COOL I AM!" Fortunately I don't feel that way. Yet. Though I imagine its only a matter of time before I contribute to the perfect storm of smug (I'll have to keep my distance from George Clooney...)

Really, the worst thing about this computer is how freaked out I am that its going to get stolen. My last laptop I never took to school because I was afraid it was going to get stolen (or damaged, by me). This one I take with me everywhere. I've had it for a week and I really feel like I can't go back to the way things were before. Of course I grow some serious attachment to every computer I have. I guess its because of all the time I spend on them.

And while I'm still on the topic of my computer, there is a counter in the corner telling me how long I've been conneted to the UNR network. Which is really freaking me out because I'll look up and say "this is costing me a fortune!" thinking that I'm paying by the minute (I'm not, but it makes me think I am) or I think "it really takes me that long to come up with a couple of lame jokes for my blog?" And yeah, thats annoying. I can turn off the counter if I want, before anyone points that out, but I haven't. Because I'm much happier complaining about something than doing anything about it.

No comments: