Friday, July 30, 2010

The Return

I've arrived back from my brief vacation into Tahoe. It was enjoyable except for when it wasn't. Sometimes I think that I will never grow out of arguing with my sister. Thankfully my directionally dyslexia got back at her for me. That'll teach her to get directions from me. The great part is that I got her to go the wrong way twice. I swear I didn't mean to do it, but I had to laugh like hell.

While we were coming back from Tahoe (the wrong way) I was explaining why to my sister, who lives in California, why Nevada is way better. One thing I mentioned was that we don't cut off alcohol service. Ever. California stops you at 2. My sister said "but no one needs to drink past two in the morning." And I told her "you do if you live in Nevada."

Last night I saw The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged) at the Shakespeare at Sand Harbor. I've seen it a couple of times before. But it's good, it's funny, and it works for people who have only a passing interest in Shakes. They go through the Comedies in five minutes, which is about as much time as they deserve. They did some bullet time for some fight scenes in Macbeth. And my "step dad" got pulled out of the audience to go up on stage and run around. Good times.

A week of lounging around and reading and playing board games makes me feel pretty goddamn dull. I'm just a nerd, ultimately, which is fine. But I do find nerds boring, so I've always tried to be a somewhat more interesting nerd. I've failed most of my tries. I think that underneath all the useless trivia and the hatred of sunlight and the desire to be left alone lies a moderately interesting personality. My goal is to find it, damnit, and to let it run around mindlessly for a while.

Mike has his toes painted green. Someone needs to put a stop to that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't give up! I love reading your blogs.