Friday, September 28, 2007

It has been a while

A few more weeks out here and there really isn't all that much new to report. I finally made it out to one of the islands around here today. Took the ferry with my dad and his girlfriend and got lunch and rode around on rickety old bikes. My dad's and sue got here wednesday and I've been trying to keep them occupied for the last few days with things to do. I guess I knew there wasn't much to do around here but when you first have to entertain people for a couple of days you realize how simple life really is out here. It feels like a big city, but it isn't a place you would go on vacation unless you knew someone there. Or, you know, if you were me. And then you'd go live there for the hell of it.

I've just finished writing a fairly long letter to that girl I've mentioned in Reno. Instantly after I sent it I regretted it. If you've read my blogs before you will understand that "fairly long" by my definition is around seven pages. I do have a tendancy to go on. And I'm all mixed up with emotion right now. Luckily for you people I've written most of it out of my system for the moment, so this should be a decently straight forward blog.

Next week I am planning on going down to visit Zach and Paul, who is getting there sometime next week as well. If all goes as planned... actually I'm not really sure there is much of a plan. I think we were planning on going to new york. Although I have to admit that as much as I know I should go to new york and check it out, I really don't have much interest in the place. My dad was there before he came up here and it sounded like a headache trying to see the sites and just getting around in general. I drove through new york once before and the traffic was god awful and I just wanted nothing to do with the place. Its sort of like LA. Sure there is a lot there, but I don't have any interest in it. I don't understand how people can live that densly. Although it is pretty dense out here, but nothing like new york. But who knows. We'll probably go and I'll probably be like "man, this city is awesome!" and then I'll pretend that I hate it just to be all anti-anything mainstream. Even though I like a lot of things that are mainstream. But the point was to point out that I was being hypocritical, so admiting to liking other things mainstream seems to be obvious. And you might ask "how can a city be mainstream?" Well, ask someone from new york if the world revolves around the city, and they will answer with a yes. Also they will think since they are from new york the world revolves around them. I've had to deal with a lot of new yorkers up here. Well, not a lot, but a hell of a lot more than in nevada.

My apartment sucks right now. I've been keeping a lot of stuff in my car to clear up space in here and I had to move it all up here while I've been driving my dad and sue around. There isn't a ton of stuff. But there was precious little room without it in here and with it here I tend to look up from my computer and get really claustraphobic every couple of minutes. I really need to move.

Now my head hurts from staring at this screen and I want to go to bed even though I'm not tired so I think I'll get something to drink and maybe watch a movie which will also require looking at this screen but with much less white. Unless I watch a movie about snow.

No comments: