Saturday, December 12, 2009

Come and Stretch Your Dancibilities

This is a late post, and I am a wee bit tired and possibly inebriated.

I want to ride a Camel. This has nothing to do with anything.

I finished reading "Cats Cradle" last week and I've been thinking about the fictional philosophical leader that was presented in that book. Specifically the ideas about ones karass, or just people tied up in ones life for no specific reason. I can't really site specific examples right now, but I have noticed that there are people that keep popping up in my life even though there is no logical reason for them to be there. A karass is a sort of pre-ordained team of people that will be with you and working with you throughout your life. They are the people that don't seem to belong yet they become an important part of your lives quest. They are your team, they are the people that, ultimately, are going to make sure that shit gets done.

I don't know who is in my karass. I imagine that paul is there even though he seems to have a logical reason for being in my life. Possibly everyone in the Group is in my karass. We just might all have to band together at some point. Or we all might just play small parts in what will ultimately be my life goal. I don't expect anyone to do anything, but if you are in my karass you are going to do it. Sorry, but you just can't help it. Fate put us together for a reason.

"I would probably find you more interesting if I were very drunk" was the first line of a short story I wrote on the plane ride between Portland and Seattle. It was about a Flight Attendent that I was sitting next too. She was just trying to get home and wasn't working that flight. She was one of those girls that is so ridiculously hot that it doesn't matter what she does, she will always have plenty of choices of how she wants to live her life. She was reading the short story I was writing about her. To be fair it was a lot about me, but she had to know it was about her. I took one look at her and wondered why it was that I really, really wanted to strike up conversation with her. I wasn't going to see her again, I wasn't, in all likelihood, going to have a quick fling with her on the plane. I wasn't going to actually get to know her in the time we had sitting next to each other. That was what the short story was about, and I wrote it in a small notebook on my trayback while she was sitting within inches of me. The thing is that I did strike up a small-talk conversation with her. She stood up at the end of the flight and her skirt was all cocky. I wanted to pet it down to straighten it out. I stopped myself because I realized that what I really wanted to do was rub my hands along the ass and thighs of a perfect stranger. She was reading a book. She was on page one. She tried to sleep by the time she got to page two. She assured me that she was not going to lie to me and that the book was "part of the vampire craze". I told her I wished I had written a vampire story last year so it would be out there selling millions of copies this year. She told me to write it down in my little notebook. Then she wished me a fond farewell.

Life happens. I am going with that as my guiding principle for now. Life happens, you meet people, they do things, they have an impact. You do other things. I always wanted to control life. I can't.

I met a girl in the AmeriCorps training that, although she was goddamn goregous, I though I would have nothing to do with...ever. She is going to be working in Reno, though. And she is from a Jewish family. I always figured that I'd end up with a Jew. My reasoning is because Jews tend to be more family oriented. They tend to have large families. I grew up with a family that could be counted on my fingers. I don't want a big family, I'm used to what I have. I need a big family. I can't stand what I have.

This might seem like it comes from nowhere, but I am a giant.

I am a giant and I hate it. Okay, I don't hate it, most of the time. But I hate it on planes. I inadvertently drove an elderly woman from her seat due to my excessive size. This happened on a plane. A plane that makes sure that its seats are comfortable for 15 year olds. Or just perhaps normal sized people. I am a giant. In this society all that means is that I am an inconvenience for someone else.

There are a lot of things that I want to say about this week. I won't right now, though, because I need to have something to talk about in my next post.

Cheb - 32
Mor - 28

2 comments:

Cheb said...

I like the idea of a karass. And yes, I am probably in yours, as you are in mine.

paul said...

you just need to announce when you get to your seat, "hulk smash!" and rip out the armrest between two seats so you can use both. i always want to do that on planes...